If the same excuses that people use for not going to church are applied to other important areas of life, it’s easy to see how inconsistent our logic can be. For example, 10 reasons not to take a bath:
1. I was forced to bathe as a child.
2. People who make soap are only after your money.
3. I bathe on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
4. People who take baths are hypocrites – they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
5. I would bathe but there are so many different kinds of soap, can’t decide which one is best.
6. I used to bathe, but it got boring so I stopped.
7. The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
8. I’ll start bathing when I get older and dirtier.
9. I just don’t have the time to bathe.
10. None of my friends take baths.
via Beech Grove church of Christ
Spring Hill. TN
Bulletin Digest (January 2011)