Who is it that we should live life for? Is it to please others, self, or God? Remember what Jesus prayed for in the Garden of Gethsemane: “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will” (Matthew 26:39b).
It was not about others. It was not about himself. It was all about living for God and doing God’s will throughout His life. If Jesus lived life this way, we should live life the same way, “not as I will, but as you will.”
Thinking about this passage and how Jesus lived his life, I came across these sayings this week, and I pray that they will encourage you as they did me.
• If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives – BE KIND ANYWAY.
• If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends, and some genuine enemies — SUCCEED ANYWAY.
• If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you – BE HONEST AND SINCERE ANYWAY.
• If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous – BE HAPPY ANYWAY.
• The good you do today, will often be forgotten – DO GOOD ANYWAY.
• Give the best you have, and it will never be enough — GIVE YOUR BEST
• In the final analysis, it’s between you and God — IT WAS NEVER BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY.
Who are you living life for, ANYWAY?
Hooker church of Christ