“Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” (Pro. 14:34).
Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump’s campaign slogan is, “Make America Great Again.” His ideas and proposed policies to make America great again include the construction of walls along our southern border, corporate tax cuts, bans on certain governmental regulations, stronger military, etc. I am certain that some of these policies would be advantageous, but they are not things that will make America great again. Allow me to share with you what will make America great again.
1. A deeper knowledge of God’s word (cf. Hos. 4:6; 2 Kings 22:8ff; Rev. 1:3).
2. Godly homes (cf. Psa. 127:1; Gen. 1:27-28; 2:18fff; Heb. 13:4; Eph. 5:22ff).
3. Love and unity (cf. Mark 3:24; Acts 10:34-35; 17:26; John 13:34-35; 17:21ff).
4. A stronger work ethic (cf. 2 Thess. 3:10; Gen. 2:8ff; Neh. 4:6; Rom. 12:11).
5. A servant mentality (cf. Phi. 2:3-8; Gal. 5:13; John 13:12-17; Rom. 12:9-21).
6. Less materialistic and more spiritualistic (cf.,1 Tim. 6:10; Matt. 6:33; Col. 3:2; Eccl. 12:13).
7. Arm citizens with the sword of the spirit (cf. Eph. 6:17; Heb. 4:12; Jam. 1:21; Rom. 1:16).
John F. Kennedy once said, “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.” We can wait around on our elected officials and hope they implement policies that will result in national greatness, or we can start today, individually, implementing those things God says will make us great (cf. 2 Chron. 7:14).