The Savior taught us to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” (Matthew 22:37). Simply put, We are to love God completely and with an undivided heart. Test yourself and see how you measure up.
- We wish to be in the presence of the person we sincerely love. Do we desire to be with God in worship (Matthew 18:20)?
- We present gifts to the one we love. Do we give to God’s cause as we have been prospered (1 Corinthians 16:1-2; 2 Corinthians 8:7)?
- We often talk with the one we love. We talk to him and we listen when he talks to us. Do we converse with God? Do we listen when He talks with us (Luke 18:1; Psalm 1:1-2)?
- We take great pleasure in eating and drinking with the one we love. Do we always avail ourselves of opportunities of communing with the Lord (Luke 22:29-30)?
- When we love a person we also love those who are near and dear to him. Do we love God’s children (1 John 4:11, 20-21 )?
- We desire to please the one we love. Are we doing our best to please God (John 14:14; 1 John 5:3)?
How did you do on this simple test?
via Hooker church of Christ