This is a gift-giving season. We have been given more gifts from God than we could possibly count. So, what are you giving God this season? In Ephesians 4:30, we are warned not to grieve the Holy Spirit. Given that warning, what can we “give” to God this season?
• Read your Bible daily (2 Timothy 2:15)
• Pray for the brethren (1 Thessalonians 5:25)
• Attend all the services of the church (Hebrews 10:25)
• Abstain from the very appearance of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22)
• Love one another (John 133:34)
• Rejoice (Matthew 5:12; Philippians 4:4)
• Be faithful whatever the cost (Revelation 2:10)
• Teach others (Matthew 28:19)
• Do good for others (Luke 6:27; Hebrews 13:16)
• Be thankful, and show it (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Since we are warned that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31), let us strive to be a people who love God and seek to please Him. Since He has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3), shall we not do our best to show Him our appreciation and our love for Him?
via Keltonburg church of Christ