1. Never both be angry at once.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. Yield to the wishes of the other as an exercise in self-discipline if you can’t think of a better reason.
4. If you have a choice between looking good or making your mate look good, choose your mate.
5. If you have any criticism, bring it up lovingly.
6. Never bring up a mistake of the past.
7. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
8. Never let a day end without saying at least one kind or complimentary thing to your life’s partner.
9. Never meet without an affectionate welcome.
10. Never let the sun go down on an unresolved argument.
11. When you are wrong, make sure you talk it out and ask for forgiveness.
12. Remember, it takes two to quarrel.