In Psalm 19:7-11, we can read of some of the incredible aspects of God’s word: “The law of the LORD1 is perfect2, converting the soul3; The testimony of the LORD is sure4, making wise the simple5; The statutes of the LORD are right6, rejoicing the heart7; The commandment of the LORD is pure8, enlightening the eyes9; The fear of the LORD is clean10, enduring forever11; The judgments of the LORD are true12 and righteous13 altogether. More to be desired are they than gold14, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey15 and the honeycomb. Moreover by them Your servant is warned16, And in keeping them there is great reward17.”
1) It is from the LORD – God has given us His holy word.
2) It is perfect – there are no errors or flaws in it whatsoever.
3) It brings the words of salvation – in it we can learn how to be saved.
4) It is sure – it is fixed and will never change.
5) It brings wisdom – it helps us to be of sound mind.
6) It is right – it will never lead us down the wrong path.
7) It brings joy – it can delight our hearts to the fullest extent.
8) It is pure – it is unpolluted from the influence of the world.
9) It brings enlightenment – it puts everything into proper perspective.
10) It is clean – it is uncontaminated from men’s opinions.
11) It is eternal – it will never perish or fade away.
12) It is true – there is not even a hint of falsehood in it.
13) It is righteous – and it is where we learn how to live righteously.
14) It is precious – the treasures found in it are priceless.
15) It is sweet – it tastes wonderful to our soul.
16) It is instructional – it warns us of the consequence of not obeying it.
17) It is rewarding – it reveals blessings that come from following it.
Maybe we should spend a little (or a lot) more time in it. What do you think?
Broadway church of Christ