The Bible is referred to in many different ways. We speak of it as God’s Word, the Good Book, the Holy Scriptures, and the Sword of the Spirit. It is also known as the Book of books and the Living Word. Some call it simply THE Book, for nothing else seems necessary. It stands alone, towering above all other writings.
Of the many titles given to the Bible, however, the one that is the most appropriate is God’s Miracle Book. This is true for a number of reasons:
• It is miraculous in its origin — coming to us by divine inspiration.
• It is miraculous in its durability — outlasting the opposition of its critics and surviving the attempts of its enemies to exterminate it.
• It is miraculous in its results — transforming the lives of those who read and believe it.
• It is miraculous in its harmony — agreeing in all its parts, even though written over a period of 1600 years by about 40 different authors.
• It is miraculous in its message — telling of many occasions when God supernaturally intervened in the affairs of men to accomplish His redemptive purposes.
• It is miraculous in its preservation — maintaining its accuracy and reliability down through the centuries.
Yes, the Bible is God’s Miracle Book!
via Broadway church of Christ