Seed planting time is upon us. The gardener/farmer knows the importance of planting the right seeds at the right time. For the Christian, planting the right seeds makes all the difference, as well. I found a list of what we reap if we plant certain things in our lives. I have adapted and expanded it here:
• If you plant honesty, you will reap trust.
• If you plant goodness, you will reap friends.
• If you plant love, you will reap happiness.
• If you plant perseverance, you will reap maturity.
• If you plant kindness, you will reap blessings.
• If you plant hard work, you will reap success.
• If you plant self-discipline, you will reap satisfaction.
• If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation.
• If you plant faith in Christ, you will reap bountiful blessings.
In addition to these, let us also be concerned about planting the gospel seed – especially in light of our upcoming Friends and Family Day. “…He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully” (2 Cor. 9:6).
Broadway church of Christ