The church is built of men and women, not bricks and mortar. As such, it can never be any more faithful or effective than the individual members that comprise it. The Lord’s church in any community will reflect the sins and attitudes of its members.
• If it is a growing church, it is because YOU attended regularly with your family and actively urged others to attend as well.
• If it is an active church, it is because YOU give your time to the program of work.
• If it is a friendly church, it is because YOU are a friendly Christian and you make an effort to welcome visitors, and make them feel welcome.
• If it is a mission church, it is because YOU are willing to take seriously the command of Jesus to “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.”
• If it is a giving church, it is because YOU give generously and sacrificially to the cause of Christ.
• If it is a Biblical church, it is because YOU are determined to do “Bible things in Bible ways” and because you are committed to “speak where the Bible speaks and remain silent where the Bible is silent.”
• If it is a saving church, it is because YOU are a soul winner in your DAILY life.
via Graeber Road church of Christ