As we begin a new year, may we “take inventory” of our spiritual lives. Most businesses or organizations (the ones that are successful) will ask three questions in terms of their direction: “Where have we been? Where are we? Where are we going?” Our spiritual lives are of far greater importance than any business or organization. The church is paramount and is no comparison to some man made organization or institution. But, we can draw a few parallels when taking inventory of our spiritual lives. Second Corinthians 13:5 says, “Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.”
Please consider the following questions as we plan our spiritual growth for 2022:
• Am I known as a Christian where I work?
• Is Christ more loved or respected because of the way I live?
• Do I criticize the church and Christians in front of my children?
• Do people know me as one who has Christ in the center of my life?
• Is it possible that I claim to be a Christian and nurse revenge on others?
• Do I find time every day for Bible study?
• Can I work with other people? Can other people work with me?
• Do I have a secret longing to be first? Or can I truly say I do not care who is second, third, or fourth as long as Jesus is first?
• How can I do a better job of leading others to Christ?
• Have I grown as a Christian in knowledge and service compared to three years ago?
As the days roll by this year, may we seek to truly walk with Christ as well as grow closer to Him.
South Green Street church of Christ