Twelve months ago, our nation and community literally came to a screeching halt due the Coronavirus worldwide pandemic. I think we would all agree, the past twelve months has been a learning experience! When I analyze a situation, I always ask three questions: First, where have we been? Second, where are we? Third, where are we going?
The past twelve months has taught us about ourselves, our employers, our society, and the Lord’s church. Many of us were literally caught off guard. No one anticipated what was to follow when all facets of life moved towards a “temporary shutdown” that eventually became long-term.
While the obstacles have been challenging, may we look for the good? Look for the good things we have learned as Christians during this time:
1. The church is resilient (Matt. 16:18).
2. We found new ways to share the Gospel (Matt. 28:16-20).
3. Assembling is important (Heb. 10:25).
4. We realized the importance of our spiritual health (John 4:23-24).
5. We have learned to walk in unity when faced with disagreements (Eph. 4:1-6).
6. We have a responsibility to check on those who have been spiritually weakened (Luke 15:1-4).
We know where we have been, and we know where we are. Let us never allow an obstacle to stand between us and where we are going (Rev. 21 and 22).
South Green Street church of Christ